Log in

No account? Create an account
spilled brain matter accomplices history of the disturbed inside a demented mind My Website Previous Previous Next Next
I still live. I went to my grandparents' house for TG'ing, and my… - Speak Friend and Enter
Grammar and Lord of the Rings
I still live.

I went to my grandparents' house for TG'ing, and my familia showed up just before I did, down from Twain Harte. My mom didn't realize that the Broncos (her team) were playing the Cowboys (Grandpa's team), and we were supposed to start eating right when that game started. Well, cutting into the turkey revealed that it wasn't done yet. So we put it off for like 2 hours or something. The game was really boring.

After dinner - which consisted of, for me, salad, mashed taters, corn, rolls, obligatory turkey, deviled eggs...yeah - my dad & I went to change the starter on my car. Now, Seadawg might have something to say, but I don't know a whole lot about cars, but I'm learning. After removing the 3(?) bolts holding it on, we tried to get it off, but the damn thing was stuck. My dad was trying to pry it off with a hammer and chisel. Then he realized that I had taken off the wrong bolt. After taking that off, it was much easier to remove. Ooops. Putting it on was no big deal. Seems to have fixed my intermittent starting problem.

Fell asleep reading. Got woken up for breakfast (I stayed there last night), and then spent the better part of the day attempting to figure out the exhaust leak. It was quite frustrating. It seemed to be coming from the engine area, so we began by removing the heat shield - to do that, we had to unscrew the injection pipe. The manifold showed no visible cracks. So we were going to put the pipe back in and start it up to see what we found, only to find that we (read: dad) couldn't get the pipe back in. It seems the threads were fucked up, and not our fault. He spent a great deal of time trying to get it in. Checked on prices and avabilability for the pipe and the manifold, just in case. Went to get some high-temperature RVT (?) goo to seal the area until we can properly fix it. When we went back out to check on the status, started it up, the problem still existed. My dad was poking around and started tightening stuff down. It seems when the engine was replaced (a story I have yet to tell.....), the people didn't take great care in tightening everything down. He found one further down that required quite a bit of tightening. When I turned the engine on again, the noise was gone. How about that. All that work was unnecessary. Needless to say, he was kinda annoyed.

After we finished up, I started watching the Colorado - Nebraska game. Frankly I expected Nebraska to beat the crap out of them. Hoo boy was I wrong. Early in the second quarter the Buffaloes were up 35-3. At the half it was to a respectable 42-23, but the Huskers hadn't looked all that impressive. The third quarter was boring, but in about a 10 minute period, Colorado sealed the victory. With 3 minutes left in the game, they were up 62-36. They had amassed 550 yards of offense (which was actually surpassed by Nebraska), nearly 350 of that on the ground against one of the nation's best rushing defenses; 2 guys went over 150 yards on the ground, and one of them scored SIX touchdowns. It was fantastic to watch. Totally fucks up the BCS standings. I love it.

And now I am home. Fry's is open until 10 tonight and has some good deals. I wanted to hit Radio Shack this morning for a stereo system for downstairs, but ya know, the car thing took precedence. Missed that deal. But we'll see what I find tonight.

2 more days off!!!
Do me